Nomura Asia Pacific Fonds
The investment objective of the Asia Pacific ex Japan Fund is to achieve a long-term participation in the dynamic economic growth of the Asian Pacific region. The fund invests primarily in equities. The exposure is managed actively.
- Benchmark: MSCI AC Pacific ex JP.
- Holdings: 90-120 stocks.
- Outperformance target: 2-3% p.a.
- Tracking Error Range: usually 3-7% (rolling 3 year basis).
- More than 20 years track record – strategy incepted in October 1993.
We believe that markets are inefficient and that active management, based on fundamental research can add value. The greatest inefficiencies are at the security level and we spend most time and resources here. Stock selection is the main source of added value.
Asia is not a homogenous market, we need individuals to understand these factors separately: Region of unique countries; Distinct culture, dynamics, politics and different stages of development and economic structures. We believe a country specialist approach is well suited to Asian markets.
- A bottom-up focused strategy coupled with asset (country and sector) allocation overlay.
- Idea generation from country specific factors based on quantitative screening and diverse information flow such as company and industry news, brokers’ reports, internal and external research, conferences etc.
- Stock selection by country specialists with focus on fundamental research, supported by a large number of company visits. Ranking on single stocks.
- Country model portfolio by individual country specialist.
- Asset allocation done by Pacific Basin Investment Committee, supported by in-house economists and country specialists.
- One of the largest and experienced investment teams in the Asia Pacific region with more than 20 investment professionals based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Kula Lumpur, Shanghai and Germany.
- Multi-layered risk management central to our investment process.
Potential significant risks
Emerging markets or less developed countries may face more political, economic or structural challenges than developed countries.
The fund’s investment objective is to achieve a long-term participation in the dynamic economic growth of the Asian Pacific region. The fund invests primarily in equities. The exposure is managed actively.
EUR 48.80 million (as at 31.03.2021)
Nomura Asset Management Europe KVG mbH
Teo Leng Chye, Senior Portfolio Manager, Nomura Asset Management Singapore Ltd.
Equity – Asia Pacific ex Japan
MSCI A/C Pacific ex Japan
Germany (Nomura Asset Management Europe KVG mbH)
|Appropriation of Income||